Due to the extreme cold temperatures this winter, Brainerd Public Utilities (BPU) is experiencing unprecedented water line freeze ups and is declaring a Water Main Emergency.  During this Water Main Emergency, residential customers are asked to run cold water at least a pencil width size continuously from one sink until April 30th or until notified by BPU.  Even with warming weather, the risk of frozen service lines could continue for several weeks and/or months

 This is especially important for residential customers that have older homes with older plumbing, have small households, live alone and do not use a lot of water, or live on dead-end streets. Cost of thawing or replacing a water service line can cost hundreds or thousands of dollars.  Per BPU Policy 2014-17, if you are not running water and your pipes freeze, BPU will charge a $150 fee for each time employees come to thaw your pipes after the initial visit.

 Water and sewer bill adjustments will be made during this Water Main Emergency, using your average water usage for the months of November through January.   If you have no water, please call the 24 hour emergency line at 218-829-2193.

Phone Numbers

Business Office  (Fax number 829-4703) 829-8726
Questions on billing statements, deposits or other billing questions, call and talk with Kelly D. 825-3207
Moving in or out of a rental, or selling/purchasing a home or business call and talk with AnnMarie.
Application-Commercial          Application-Residential           Change of Name/Roommate on Lease
Want to pay using a credit card (Visa or MasterCard), have questions about payments or to set up automatic bank pay, call and talk with Kara.   Bank Pay/Credit Card 825-3201
If you are past due on your account and would like to set up a payment arrangement, call and talk with Lori.
Cold Weather Rule                
Questions regarding Stormwater charges or Wastewater Collection, call the City Engineer's Office. 828-2309
Repair Office   (Fax number 829-2308) 829-2193
Maintenance of utilities, power outages, water leak emergencies, trees in the lines, etc, call and talk with Kelly. 829-2193
Questions regarding wiring permits call and talk with Jim 825-3210
Sewer back up-Call City Engineer (Street and Sewer Department) 828-2309
A free and easy tool to track your energy use and save!
Click here to access today!

What is MYMETER? Click here for more information.





Web Counters