Latest Update for Your Area:
Project update – Summer 2018
Hwy 371B closes Willow Street to Hwy 210/Washington Street, local detour use S 8th Street
Hi! This is a quick update to make you aware of upcoming changes on the Hwy 371B/S 6th St Reconstruction Project beginning Wednesday, July 25.
Here’s what to expect:
- Crews will begin working on the north end of the project. That means Hwy 371B/S 6th St will close all the way to Hwy 210/Washington St (from Willow St to Hwy 210/Washington St). Detour uses Industrial Park Rd, CR 45/13th St SE, Oak St and S 8th St. Detour map
- Cross street traffic to be maintained downtown between Oak St and Hwy 210. Only 1 of 3 cross streets to be closed at a time: Oak St, Maple St or Laurel St.
- Truck detour: Commercial trucks should use Industrial Park Rd/CR 117, Hwy 25 and Hwy 210. Turning radiuses are narrow on the local detour; use the truck route whenever possible.
- Locals and visitors will encounter work areas and periodic lane/shoulder or sidewalk closures along the entire corridor through October.
- Access to businesses and residences will be maintained and open, but expect changes, including gravel surfaces, and watch for signs.
- In conjunction with this project, the BNSF Railway is tentatively scheduled to replace the railroad crossing between Hwy 210/Washington St and Front St in early-August.
For your safety and ours, please stay out of closed areas, watch for changes, and use the signed detours.
If you have any questions you may contact Joe Cameron, MnDOT project manager, at 218-828-5740. Or, the contractor’s 24/7 phone line for access or utility issues, at 218-330-3493.
Thank you for your continued patience during this project.
(More info at: http://www.dot.state.mn.us/d3/brd/ )
Information is tentative and subject to change.