Brainerd Public Utilities Service Territory
Conservation Incentive Program (CIP) Residential:
Please note that not all Energy Star offers are available in all areas. For Energy Star questions please call 1(800) 677-8423. View Residential Rebates »
Conservation Incentive Program (CIP) Commercial:
Brainerd Public Utilities wants you to know about the energy conservation programs available for commercial and industrial customers. These programs offer opportunities for our C&I customers to benefit from energy efficient choices with electric equipment and processes through rebates and energy services. Custom Rebates Available for:
Retrofit projects – Improvements that save energy (kWh) or lower demand (kW)
- Energy efficient lighting
- Occupancy sensors
- NEMA Premium efficient motors
- Heating Systems
- Building Envelope
- Process Improvements
- Variable speed drives
- Energy efficient air conditioning, air handling systems
- Energy management systems
- Refrigeration improvements
- Compressed air system studies and improvements
- And more
New Construction – Incremental improvements
- Improvements to “standard design”
- “Using the most efficient equipment that is economically feasible”
- Plan reviews to identify energy savings technologies
Security Light Agreement
Energy Audit – Energy bill analysis, full end use study with energy usage by sector, energy conservation measures identified and payback periods estimated.
Facilities Review – Energy bill analysis, estimated end use study with energy usage by sector, energy conservation measures identified and payback periods estimated.
Technology Review – Specific technology researched with recommended energy conservation measures identified and payback periods estimated.
Provides confidential Energy Conservation consulting services and project assistance to customers or contractors.
- Assisting customers and contractors with energy efficiency choices
- Assisting customers in understanding the importance of good energy choices to their “bottom line”
- Estimating rebates where applicable
- Assisting in the rebate application where applicable